Tuesday, August 29, 2006

wait... nope not done.

I got some sad news recently concerning my favorite band Nickel Creek. I guess they would fall into the bluegrass category, but they are also amazing. Anyways they announced yesterday that they will be taking an indefinite break as a band at the end of 2007 in order to pursue separate ventures... which means that we won't be hearing any new stuff from them for quite some time if ever again.

They all have separate projects that are taking off now - Sean has a new solo album, Sara is pursuing touring with other groups, and Chris has his 4th album hitting stores in a couple of weeks... oh yeah, I kind of have a crush on chris... aside from being amazingly talented, he is so cute! His tendencies to allude to Lord of the Rings and Tolkein in his song titles, makes me love him even more.

Anyways I got to see them in concert last december and even got to meet them back stage... and after the show Kendra and I got to talk to them again out by their tour buses. I hope they can come tour this way again before they dissipate. For now I will make do listening the beautiful sounds of the fiddle, guitar, bass, and the most beautiful instrument in the entire world... the mandolin.

Let us all have a moment of silence for Nickel Creek... and the mandolin.

Some pictures of the band and myself...


The one of Chris and I (top right) is our engagement picture... yeah he just doesn't know it yet... =)

No comments: