Saturday, August 26, 2006

Fortune's Wicked Ways...


Amy and I set out this evening in hopes of procuring tickets to Wicked by entering a lottery... basically if you show up to Gammage 2.5 hours before the show then you are entered into a drawing to win the chance to purchase orchestra seats for only $25. Amy and I never actually thought we would get the tickets, but we needed to try. We entered our names into the caldron (fitting), sat and waited, and then stood anxiously as they called out the winners. It was actually quite entertaining watching people get called... some cheered, some hooted, and then the last person to be called (oh yeah we didn't get the tickets) was so excited it made my heart stop... I swear this girl screamed at a decibel level that I had never beheld... but she wasn't even the funny part... her friend who was with her (male and flamboyant) screamed to the heavens "Thank you Jesus"... it was one of the more funny things I have ever witnessed. They were near tears, I felt I was witnessing the girl get crowned Miss America instead of being given tickets to a broadway show... ah priceless.

Anyway, Amy and I picked up the pieces of our disappointed hearts and walked down mill to Caffe Boa (delicious italian cuisine) and then drove home and watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which Amy had never seen and enjoyed... it's one of my favorites. It was a good night and eventful to say the least. I will have dreams tonight about that girl's scream and subsequent cry to Jesus from her friend... it was haunting. I think I may try again this week to go down there and enter my name again... why not... it took a total of maybe 20 minutes.... and I could have a chance to see Wicked!!!

I am listening to the soundtrack to the Pajama Game starring Harry Connick Jr... gosh I love that man.

I have a headache... Amy says it is from watching the movie in the dark, I think it is from her poisonous cilantro pasta... I hate cilantro with the fire of a thousand suns. So I am off to bed.

1 comment:

NanAZ said...

Hey, let me know if you try to get get tickets again. I would LOVE to give it a try! I promise I won't scream like a banchee if we get picked.