Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Belting it out...

I went down to my old high school today to visit my choir teacher, Shryock, and drama teacher, Chez... It was lots of fun seeing them. I of course broke out the song books filled with broadway show tunes and proceeded to sing at the top of my lungs accompanied by Shryock on piano. It was a blast. the acoustics in the choir room are awesome and similar to that of singing in the shower... I sounded okay... like a rock star according to Shryock, which means a lot coming from him. He said in his current choir there really are no belters, so I was happy to ablige him a high "E" or two... I miss it... singing concert style. I sing in church and in my car of course... but I wish I had a venue to get all the rest of my singing out... at least a good karaokee bar.
Also got to see Chez, and I talked to him breifly before he rushed off to the auditions for the fall play... another thing I deeply miss... live theater... sigh... someday, maybe again.

I also tried for Wicked tickets again... nothing... it is just not in the cards for me. I'll see it eventually I know...

1 comment:

Aaron said...

May I take this moment to highly encourage your foray into music, theatre, and any combination thereof. At the very least, karaoake nights. It's in your blood, Miranda; don't deny yourself this (rockstar)!