Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sports movies and jazz...

So I am sitting at home after a semi-relaxing day. I only taught one class today and since I don't have to do office hours yet, I got to sleep in... shawn and Nicole came over for lunch... then I headed off to work, taught the class, which went pretty well... I came home, had dinner... and my dad, tyler, and I went to see the movie Invincible. It was awesome. Amy always talks about how sports movies make her cry and get all misty... and I totally relate to her in that. This movie did not fail me... neither did Marky Mark (minus the funky bunch). He was marvelous... the football scenes were exciting, I actually caught myself holding back from flying out of my seats with cheers... oh yeah, I am NOT a big sports person - except when it comes to movies. I recommend seeing it!

Now I am home, and I am indulging in my new obsession - youtube.com. I have discovered that you can find some great stuff on here. My favorite is the clips from stage performances of musicals. I am currently watching a documentary on Harry Connick Jr. and his process as a musician. He is one talented guy... not just a pretty face... no sir. I think after this ends I will look for old clips of the stage production of "Sunday in the Park with George" the musical. I miss performing music, like in choir in high school. I have discovered such great music that I would love to sing somewhere. I think I may have to head down to my old choir teacher's classroom and sing some stuff - have an old fashion piano party... just to get it out.

So I have a pretty open day tomorrow as well... I am debating having another go at trying to get wicked tickets... I teach in the morning and then the rest of the day is mine... I may take the afternoon to run errands, go shopping, something like that.

I'm house-sitting this weekend in town (AKA Phoenix)... it is a beautiful house, and I am looking forward to having the weekend to lounge around their awesome pool... I need to work on my tan to carry me over into the fall.

I leave you with a picture of Amy and I that Amy took this past weekend at Denny's... she always takes the best pictures of me... I appear semi attractive in this one...

1 comment:

Amy T Schubert said...

seriously spending too much time w/ me ...