Friday, August 25, 2006

Joel Thompson and Obadiah Parker


I went to such a great concert tonight... it was at One Place in downtown Phoenix, which is a great venue if I must say... they had good lighting and sound mixing, as well as a clean floor that your are not afraid to sit or even stand on - which are the criteria that I judge goodness. Obadiah Parker played which I have mentioned them before in a previous blog, and Joel Thompson also played who is a friend of mine from church. I have heard Joel play and as always he did and excellent job... I was sad because I was standing outside in line while he was playing my favorite song about "math". Obadiah Parker came on next and they blew me away... I have heard their music before and have watched them play a song or two at Amy and Andrew's wedding, but tonight I was stunned at how incredible they are. I hope they go all the way with their music, because it is really good stuff. Obadiah Parker is a trio of musicians - Mat Waddle who plays acoustic guitar and sings (awesome voice), Jessie Young who plays keyboard (she also has a wonderful voice), and Daniel Zehring plays bass (awesomely) and also sings harmonies. Together they are just excellent. I encourage you guys to check them out! Both Joel and Obadiah Parker have myspace pages...

I also went to Denny's with Amy, Andrew, and some of Andrew's friends from work. Denny's never sits well with me so I am sitting hear with a wholly expected stomach ache... but will I stop going to Denny's... never!

1 comment:

Amy T Schubert said...

yay for Obadiah Parker ... they have more music up on youtube.com or google video ...