Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sick/Safety movies...

there are specific movies that I consider set aside for instances where I am sick, or need some comfort... they are my sick/safety movies. I could watch these movies on a regular basis for the rest of my life and not get sick of them... they are my favorites...















1. Chocolat - my absolute favorite movie... wonderful story, beautifully filmed and directed... and great performances
2. Lord of the rings - the movies are absolutely wonderful - all three are perfect... and the special features of the extended editions are priceless, thoroughly entertaining
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone - I know there are three other movies, but this one is my favorite... who wouldn't want to discover at 11 years old that you are a very famous and potentially powerful wizard and you can do magic!
4. Mask of Zorro - This is one of those really fun movies... it is funny and filled with action and romance and Anthony Hopkins... great flick
5. Pirates of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp is spot on amazing... I laugh every time I see it... and who doesn't love a good sword fight
6.Shakespeare in Love - I love the last scene where they are performing Romeo and Juliet for the first time in front of an audience... it is one movie that has truly captured the feeling of performing a show... it is wonderfully sweeping
7. Back to the Future - 1985, a delorean, Marty and Doc, and time travel... need I say more
8. Pride & Prejudice - really either versions (BBC miniseries or recent theatrical release) My favorite love story ever!
9. Princess Bride - I think I could probably quote this entire movie from beginning to end if I set my min to it... inconcievably good
10. The Count of Monte Cristo - I have such a huge crush on Edmond Dantes.

Honorable mention:
Love Actually
Three Musketeers
Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Hook
Finding Neverland
Little Women
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
Bridget Jones' Diary
Man in the Iron Mask
Newsies
Pretty Woman

Tell me what you think... comment about your sick/safety movies...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to 2nd that on #10! I would have on my list "elf" What can I say about it except that it is so darn funny! I am still waiting for the chance to watch all three lord of the rings w/extended scenes in one day. Wish we could do that together!

Martha-Anne said...

I agree with every single movie and add to that list "Sweet Home Alabama". I'm soooo happy to see Newsies on the list. No one else I know likes that movie!

Amy T Schubert said...

what it is it about you and pseudo-action movies? like Mr ans Mrs Smith and the Mask of Zorro? what a funny little niche you've found yourself in ... :)