Monday, September 04, 2006

Long weekend of silence...

I house sat this weekend and they don't have wireless internet... (sad face) which meant that my laptop didn't get the internet, and I felt weird using someone else's computer to blog... does that sound weird... because it does to me, but that's me for you.

The house was rather sizely (haha I made a new word), but not that clean (another sad face)... and the pool was dirty so there went Jeannette and mine's plans to swim and lay out... so instead we went to lunch and watched Batman Begins... oh Christian Bale how I adore thee... I feel so honored to have followed him from his early career... I was a fan way back in Empire of the Sun and then onto my personal favorite - Newsies.

That evening I went to dinner and a movie with a friend. We were up at Deer Valley 30 eating at Wild Flower, I was enjoying my butter-nut squash ravioli, when a storm rolls in from the south and a terrential rain begins to beat against the parking lot. When finished with dinner we decide to drive over to the other side of the parking lot to the theater to buy our tickets early for the movie, but by the time we made it to the ticket line we were both completely drenched... we bought our tickets and didn't want to walk back to our cars (for fear we might drowned) so we sat in starbucks for a while... sadly enough I never dried off that night and it was infinitely cold in the air conditioned theater... ah Arizona monsoons.

We saw the movie Idlewild... the rap-musical starring the men from the group Outkast... It was actually quite entertaining... it is set in the 20's in a club... it has gangsters, gambling, showgirls, murder, and bootleg alcohol (the makings for a poor rap guys and dolls remake), but it wasn't - it was excellent. The music was very contemporary which made for a very creative spin on a club in the 20's, but I am actually a closeted sucker for an outkast tune, so I was pleased. It is rated R for a reason... so go prepared for sex and some blood... but enjoy the songs and dancing... and Andre 3000 is precious.

I finished out the true weekend with some scrapping at Nicole's and the movie Wedding Crashers... mediocre movie.

Now I am home... I will post my pages when I unpack my stuff... I am going to continue with the creative juices today and scrap some more. I had an early start this morning... so I have a lot of Labor Day daylight to fill...

3 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

sounds like a lovely weekend ... too bad you didn't like Wedding Crashers ... I mean, c'mon ... it's Vince Vaughn .. genius.

Aaron said...

If we're gonna rep for Vince Vaughn, let's at least throw out the best of the bunch - Swingers. WC holds not a candle to it. Miranda, I am quite envious that you got to experience an Arizona monsoon -- from the Deer Valley 30 complex, no less. I seriously have such an attachment to that place - and part of that is b/c of the AZ monsoons I've experienced there. So jealous.

NanAZ said...

Ah Christian Bale...he is so sweet and Newsies is one of my all time favorites. Can you picture Amy & Kevin singing those songs all day every day for weeks and weeks? We loved it! We even thought it would be a great high school musical except for the fact that they never have enough guys in high school.