Thursday, September 14, 2006

The holidays are coming...

I know that we in Arizona are sort of doubtful that the weather will change and cool off and that autumn will ever come to our valley... but today made me hopeful, because after all the temp today is a mere 98 degrees for the high... oh blessed day...

But despite the lingering doubt it is the middle of September, and when september hits our family starts to think about halloween... my family's second favorite holiday. So I have seen the Halloween decoration litering the aisles of stores and it is such a wonderful feeling to walk among the jack-o-lanters and grave stones and bats... I know it sounds odd but I really love halloween... it stirs up memories and nostalgia and I just love it.

Anyways... my dad and I were out shopping today and foung this little beauty at a Collectable store... we got a great deal on it because it was mismarked, price wise... So this will be quite an addition to our halloween decor as well as our Christmas village... it will look awesome! My dad has alway wanted a haunted mansion for our village.

Note: the candy dish in front will not be apart of the village set-up.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

so funny you mention the holidays, as the past few days i've been struck with the strangest sense of holiday cheer. the middle of september longing, i suppose. as it were, i think the haunted mansion will, indeed, make a wonderful addition to both the halloween decor and the christmas village. i could talk about the holidays forever, but i'll refrain. perhaps upon my return (at an all-so fitting time: Thanksgiving), we can discuss them at length.