Tuesday, March 10, 2009

sigh of relief...

aahhhh... it has been way too long it seems since I sat in front of my computer and was not feverishly searching through JSTOR or online journals or typing up essays. I have spent the last week and a half (with some short diverting breaks) working on my last two papers of the term. I turned them both in today and so what that means for the rest of my time here is 2 weeks of school left, easter break, and studying for my exams in May.

How do the exams work, you ask? well I'll tell you. Basically for each exam we will give us an essay question for each lecture we went through (10 in all). I will only have to choose two of those. Now, I have two papers that I have fully research already on topics pertaining to lectures, and those topics too are fair game for the final exam. So other students have told me that basically you just have to choose 4 topics (two of them can be essay topics you've written about) and study those... this means in case your question is not of the exam, you'll have two more alternate topics you have prepared... does that make sense? If not, then don't worry, you're not the one who will be needing to know :)

So the term is almost over!! I hardly felt like I was going to school at all except for these two weeks of essay writing. But now I am done. To celebrate my freedom from the shackles of research, I spent this early afternoon pampering myself. Quite relaxing. When I am done with these posts I will be taking a nap. Then I'll be having dinner with Phoebe of course and then who knows what the night will bring...
Then tomorrow is the fun day!!! Phoebe and I leave tomorrow morning for London at around 8am in order to get to PYNK salon London for our hair cut and color!! I am so excited. We made our appointments a couple of weeks ago and I have been so anxious and excited for the day to finally arrive. Remember, this is the salon package I bought about a month ago for hair cut, color and then a later appointment of make-over (manicure, pedicure, facial, make-up, hair style) and magazine style photo shoot. Tomorrow is just the cut and color.
After our appointments, when our hair is SO cute we're gonna hit up Oxford Street to go to Primark (which I have discovered is the United Kingdom equivolent of Ross!!! I'm gonna buy so many clothes, I'm sure. Then of course Phoebe and mine's normal hang out - Camden, for more shopping and dinner. We are also considering hitting up an Odeon theater to see Young Victoria, because I am dying to see it!!

Then this weekend is York and Northern England... after this weekend I will have pretty much seen ALL of England!! York is Bronte country so I am brushing up on my Bronte movies... I watch Wuthering Heights last night, and of course I am already quite familiar with Jane Eyre.
I am actually reading the book "The Eyre Affair" by Jasper Fforde. Very interesting... it's kind of a fantasy and has all these allusions to famous literature... very entertaining... Jonathan Strange was moving too slow and I needed something a little more exciting. I'll go back to Jonathan Strange soon though.

Scroll down to see pics from this last weekend... pictures of my hair will be coming in the next couple of days. Hope it's cute!

2 comments:

Nicole T said...

cant wait to see the new hair!

Amy T Schubert said...

you know ... a lot of Jonthan strange takes place in York ...
I'm jsut saying.