Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Tyler!!!


My "little" brother turns 20 today!! I am gonna tell you a little bit about him so you understand why I think he is the coolest guy I know.

Tyler and I have a history or not really getting along at all when we were little. It seems to be the theme in our family that my brothers and I fight like cats and dogs until suddenly we realize how cool the other one is and then we become good friends. Tyler and I became friends in 2007. I remember why the sudden switch happened. I went as a chaperone to New York with his choir. I was so excited to be going to New York, but I also was so excited to get to spend time with Tyler and his friends... and enter into his world a little bit. I distinctly remember being so incredibly impressed with Tyler on that trip. See Tyler's friends adore him!! They just had this incredibly respect for him... they would look at him to see if he thought their jokes were funny and to see if he was listening to what they were saying - which he was. And when he would talk they would listen. They saw his integrity and they just admired him as a person and friend. I just remember realizing after that trip that Tyler was SO cool and I wanted him to be MY friend. We've been pretty tight ever since.

I just think Tyler is awesome! He's got the most amazing singing voice... I think I like it so much because it's so tonally clean without being too trained. He's got style to it. I also love how he seeks God's heart for his life. He has such patience as he is waiting for God to direct his path and I admire that so much about him. I also love his sense of humor and his distinct laugh that is infectious. I love how he is sensitive and likes to watch girlie movies with me sometimes... but at the same time he is all boy. I remember reading Wild at Heart and thinking how it was SO about my little brother. I love how he lets me speak into his life and how I let him speak into mine. I love how he adores our niece Emolyn and I can't wait to see him as a dad and husband. I hope his wife and I are BEST friends!!

I know that God has this incredible plan for him and I can't wait to see it lived out. I am praying for the adventure he'll have someday!! Hopefully soon!
I miss him here!! I wish he could come and visit cause we'd have SO much fun!! I can't wait to get home and hang out with him again!! So, Happy Birthday Brother!! I love you!!




3 comments:

Shawnie T said...

I thought I was the coolest guy you knew...

Anonymous said...

Haha. Oh Shawn...

Thank you so much Miranda for that! I love you so much! I wish you could be here today as well but I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out and catching up on all the movies and stuff we couldn't enjoy together. I hope you're having a blast in England and am loving getting to see all your pictures! It looks like you're having an awesome time, and I'm a little jealous you get to see all of God's beautiful creation out there. I miss you and love you a lot!

Nicole T said...

awesome post miranda, and what fun pics! It seems to be a boys day for Tylers birthday. i am working and Emolyn and Grammie and hanging out. Wish you were here, we need your part in the birthday song!