Thursday, October 02, 2008

Okay full story...

I know it's late, but lord knows I won't be sleeping tonight with all the excitement. I actually SHOULD be sleeping because I have a rather full day tomorrow, but who care... I'M GOING TO ENGLAND!!

Since tuesday afternoon when I dropped off my application I have not stopped thinking and stressing and analyzing and going over and over the worst case scenario to the best case scenario and trying to not have my head explode. My hands were shaking and I felt sick every time I thought about what could or could not happen. I have been dreaming of studying in England for like 5 years-ever since I started college. And today was to be when all the dreams came true... my life would change forever. I knew God's plan for my life would, no matter what, be far better than anything I can drum up on my own and so even if I didn't get the spot, I would still trust God. But with all my trust in God, it still would hurt incredibly if I didn't get to go. So all day today I kept checking my phone to see if I'd missed the call. In my classes, I left it on vibrate so when it rang I could run out of the classroom. Finally at 1pm I figured that since I was on a break from class I may as well call the office to get an idea when I could expect a call either way. I left a message with Michelle (head of the programs in England) to have her call me just to let me know the status of everything... hoping she wouldn't judge the fact that I am borderline annoying.
I went to ASU alumni building
to sit and read my book... it's such a beautiful building and near my religions class. I waited (again agonizing while waiting for a call back... then 2:30 rolls around and Michelle calls (I have always loved that Michelle... she's my new best friend). When she told me I was awarded one of the spots at Royal Holloway I immediately started crying. I think it scared some guys walking by, but whatever, I'M GOING TO ENGLAND!! I called my parents immediately, then Tyler, then Nicole, and then Shawn!! I had to correct myself about 4 times from saying "if I go to England" instead of "WHEN I go to England". I can now indulge in all the thoughts that I have denied myself until I found out what my life will look like next year.

And again... here is where I'll be living in January

6 comments:

linda t said...

YEH!!!
SOOOO thrilled for you Miranda!!
I will miss you but I know it's your dream and I celebrate with you!
Love you,
Mom

Laura said...

my eyes are totally tearing up! I am so excited for you! those pictures are amazing and I can't wait to watch you live your dream! I remember when your first dream for England failed and how you trusted God still. That was only 2 years ago and you are going to England now! How cool is God?

Amy T Schubert said...

so happy for you ...
have you been able to figure out if you can stay for the summer session too?
if I can drum up the $$ I'm going to visit!

Kristen said...

yay!! I got chills just reading it! I am so happy for you. I wish I had no responsiblities because I would love to come see you in England maybe I can work out something!! yay!

Skerrib said...

Hip hip, hop hop, hurrah, hurrah! You better bring me back some real Cadbury candies. =)

Tonya said...

Hiya, I came here via your Mum's blog and I just wanted to say, have a fab time when you come to England. I live a couple of hours away from London. What a great experience for you! Enjoy x