Monday, October 13, 2008

I love this time of year...


For the last 3 days it has been in the temperature range of the 70's!! I love this time of year, like clock work the temperature drops right around this time. After the long, hot, draining summer, most people have little faith that the heat absorbed by the cement will give way and allow the cooler weather to enter in, but it does. I just absolutely love it... and you know what I did to enjoy it? I opened up the arcadia door to allow the weather in. I turned off our air conditioning and just let the outside weather cool the house. The apartment temp-meter read 75 degrees for most of the day - cooler than the 80 degrees we keep it at to keep our energy bill low.
I had the whole day off today and had the time of my life!!! I didn't get everything I wanted done, but I got the important stuff out of the way at least- including cleaning my room (which has been 3 weeks in coming), Study Abroad online orientation (which was informative and kept reminding me that I am in fact going to England - a fact that I often have to remind myself and then subsequently pinch myself for), printing off CPR cards (this actually needed to be done 2 months ago... yeah, yeah), preparing for the brand new course I am starting teaching tomorrow morning (I'm gonna be sick about this one), and all while watching the 5th and 6th season of Gilmore Girls. I love my life. I absolutely love the fact that this is probably the first day in about 2 years where I seriously have not changed out of my pajamas!!! Even on my most laziest of days I will have to go to the grocery store or something - but I made a point to do that last night!! I LOVED being lazy and sitting and enjoying the light breeze from outside my door.
The only things I wish I would have had time for today were a trip to Bookman's (used bookstore for those of you not from AZ), and maybe laying out by the pool (I need to keep my tan until England... I need from pigmentation before the sun goes away), but that'll have to wait for another day.
It is now 8pm and I still have a midterm to study for, a book to finish reading for my religions class, and I am determined to go to bed early tonight because I have a VERY full day tomorrow with work from 7am - 12:30, School from 1 - 4:30pm, and back at work from 6:30 - 10:30pm. But the upside is that this week starts my new job of working only around 15 hours per week (and subsequently my deduction in income - significantly, but I'll trade money for sanity any day). This also means I will only be working 1 night a week!!! I am so excited for that fact!

1 comment:

linda t said...

I love hearing about your day.
Sounds like you had the perfect day. You needed it for sure.
Love,
Mom