Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I should be doing homework...

hey all... so I turned in my application to study in England next semester yesterday. I will find out if I'm going tomorrow. I am seriously so nervous. Every time I think about it I get this lump in my stomach. I think when I had all my packet with me I felt like I had a little more control than now when everything is both literally and metaphysically, out of my hands. I just have to wait and do sit and pray. So if you all could pray along with me, that would be much appreciated. To fill the time, I have homework. Granted with my big project in my religions class being done, I now have a much less stressful work load, but I still have plenty to do. I have a take home quiz to do for my History 300 class and a resume to translate to spanish for, well, spanish. Oh! By the way, I thought I completely failed my Spanish exam last week... turns out, I got a 90%. Apparently the professor is really forgiving with grading. I seriously had NO IDEA what I was doing. The only thing that can truly explain the grade is God's love.

Also, today is the first week day in almost 6 weeks that I have had a morning off. I usually have a morning class at work to teach or school in the morning, but the quarter at work is coming to an end, so I have less classes therefore more down time. I slept in... not my plan, but when my body knows I don't absolutely HAVE to be awake for anything I tend to sleep through my alarm. I am gonna finish my quiz this morning so that tonight when I also don't have to work, I can just hang out at home. Pushing Daisies (my new favorite show) has the season premiere tonight so I'll be watching that. I also am gonna get my halloween/fall decorations out and decorate my apartment with Autumn cheer.

I am super excited to decorate this year because I just got back from Disneyland and saw the park all decorated for Halloween for the first time!! It was really beautiful. They don't have it all decked out like it is at Christmas, they just started going all out for Halloween about 3 years ago, so I'm assuming every year will build. I LOVE Halloween. I am my fathers daughter. When I was little I think it was because I loved dressing up... but as I am older the dressing up part, while still fun, is less the reason. I think it's cause I know it's gonna get colder out. Like clock work, in phoenix, the week before Halloween is when the temperature drops from 100 degrees to the high 70's to low 80's... heaven. I am still not sure what I want to be for halloween, but it'll be fun!!

I also spent the weekend in Cali, not just for Disneyland, but also for my cousin's wedding. It was absolutely beautiful. Right on a cliff overlooking the beach. There was dancing... my dad taught me the rumba!! There was great food, and my cousins were there... minus Shawn and Tyler who couldn't make it out. It was so great to see Matt and Sylvia from Germany (if I get to go to England, I'll more than likely be seeing them again in February, this time in Europe - man that's fun to say... but the stomach lump is back). Lyle and I failed to catch the garter and bouquet... as the two single cousins there, we completely failed at our ONE job. I have caught 2 or 3 already though, so I can already see this tradition is bogus. I also have 2 more chances with weddings in the coming weeks. So enough talking... here are some pictures from the wedding and Disneyland.


Mr and Mrs Thompson!!

Mom and Dad's dancing lessons have paid off
the most comfortable dress ever... it's jersey material so I felt like I was wearing PJs all night.

on to disneyland!!

we're going Pooh together. Yay Winnie the Pooh

I still love this ride
Lyle's brush with fame

I got pulled on stage during the Bill Hill and the Hillbillies show in frontierland

2 comments:

Kristen said...

yay an update!! I will pray! I also hope it works out where we will be out there some time this fall. You better be in the mood for disneyland!!!

Love love love the dress...where did you get it?

miss ya girl!

Nicole T said...

great pics! Wish we could have been there. Can't wait till next Disneyland!