Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy 3 days after christmas!!!! I have been lost in the wonderment of my new toys and movies... which include a new digital camera!! a iPod adapter radio (looks vitage, which makes it awesome), a cool colored end table (black and celery green), and some movies and books... I got Anne of Green Gables, the complete series on DVD!!! Christmas was awesome!

I woke up Christmas Eve with no voice what-so-ever, so with great fear of not being able to sing my Christmas Eve solo, I didn't speak for most of the morning. I got home from church and scrambled to get some last minute presents from Barnes and Noble and Ikea... car broke down at Ikea, but I expertly jostled the cables to the battery in my engine and got it started again (I am a mechanic genius)... then went back home to wrap presents. Then before I could settle into a comfy couch to rest, i had to head out to the Christmas Eve service... luckily the voice was in proper working order, and I sang my solo quite well.

This year was the first year my family headed straight home after the Christmas Eve service... Shawn and Nicole came over and the family played some apples to apples before turning in for the night... and all four of us kids snuggled into my bedroom to sleep the night... which is Christmas tradition since my brothers and I were out of the crib... Nicole had her first year of sleeping all together! The sleep was not to be had by me, and I discovered that without a big bed to spread out in, my back will decide to slowly kill me. I moved to my brother's room at 2am and slept the rest of the night pretty well.

Christmas Morning!!!!! We awoke at 7:30 to open all of our presents. I have to say, I was more excited about everyone else opening the gifts I got them, than me opening my own gifts... It was a pleasure seeing what everyone else got and to be with my whole family on Christmas morning for the first time in 2 years... It was neat getting to have Nicole take part in our Christmas morning time since she and Shawn got married.

Then after the wrapping paper had fully covered the living room floor Shawn and Nicole left to spend the rest of the day with her family. the rest of us - Mom, dad, Tyler and i made and ate breakfast and talked and laughed and enjoyed the morning. I then went to check my email and on a whim decided to check my bank account... after all the spending on presents I was curious of the damage....
There was more damage than I expected... to my horror and surprise I discovered someone had made a purchase of $99.95 on my debit card that very morning... hm... it wasn't me. I called to cancel my card and they informed me that I also had a strange purchase made the day before for almost $40... and upon further review I saw that I had another random fraudulent purchase made the week before... someone had my 16 digit card number and security code and was buying things online with my card!!!! UGH!!!!! So I cancelled the card! It really annoyed me... not scary, but incredibly upsetting and annoying!!!

But I would not let it ruin my Christmas!!! So I forgot about it and my family watched Superman Returns and I finished the scrapbook of my aunt patty I have been working on for my grandma... as soon as I finished the album, the four of us headed to my grandparents house to hang out the rest of the day! They loved the album, my grandma cried!

It was a wonderful day!!! Pictures to come later... once blogger allows me to post some!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miranda! It was good to see you tonight. We should have more enlightening conversations.

PS - I got this herbal throat spray today that works really well for lost singing voices (but tastes BAAAAAD). There's not much point in telling you that other than to say that you might have made good use of it a few days ago. Good times.

Anonymous said...

ok so I saw the pic of your end table on your moms blog and wow its awesome...I am curious how one would find something like that...I know it was a gift but maybe you would know!!! Glad you had a great Christmas...miss you!