Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Eve is coming soon...


Just watched one of the most precious movies I have ever seen... It was so cute. Amelie is the U.S. title, but it is actually a French film. It's about a young woman in Paris who decides to do good deeds for other people, and along the way she finds love. It is marvelously innocent and cute love story.

I also got some scrapbook organizing done this evening... I am waiting on some more pictures for this particular album, but hopefully I will get those tomorrow and then I can start putting the whole thing together!

I also have been playing around with adobe photoshop, thanks to my dear friend Kelsie. I am liking the control over picture quality... I am going to have fun tweaking my pictures before printing them out and scraping. Yay.

I got some Christmas shopping done this afternoon... I also got my mom some presents for her birthday next week... I am so on top of things this year.

I was saying to someone the other day that this is the first year in a long time where I can relax in the holiday season. I think it started in High school when finals started... every since then I have missed the cheer of the season, because I wouldn't allow myself to celebrate until all my finals were completed and taken. Then when all that was finished I was left with a mere two days to bask in the wonderment of the christmas tree, Bing Crosby sung carols, and festivities of yule tide cheer. But this year is different. I have a job that doesn't stress me out too bad, I got a jump start on gift shopping, and I am looking forward to decorating the Christmas tree, going to holiday parties, and taking in with every breath the magic of the winter time.

Most of all I am excited to be able to really reflect on what Christmas means... I know so many people say it... "the true meaning of Christmas". But come on! I mean the creator of the world, our very own Savior and the God of the universe, came down to earth- was born and He took His first breath. He looked out on the world that He created and held in the palm of His hand... now a little baby... how odd it must have been for Him to be so small now. I sometimes catch myself thinking it is a fairytale... that it was too good to be true. But how wonderful that it isn't. This little baby is my sweet Savior.

1 comment:

Amy T Schubert said...

oh my goodness i LOVE Amelie ... it has been on my 'wishlist' for years and years ... that actress' other French movies are good too ...

Tell about your dad's concert ...