Thursday, January 15, 2009

Movies and TV in England...

I am disheartened to find that my Torrent downloading program runs at a snails pace here in England. It would have taken 3 hours at the most to download a movie in the States, but over here, because the internet is slow, it taken 3 days!!! So I am having to find alternative ways of movie viewing (I am taking a Gaskell, Eliot, and Dickens english class and so when I finish reading a book I am wanting to download the BBC adaptation). I have found some alternatives - 1. iTunes. This one costs money, but I downloaded "That Thing You Do!" for $2.99 (I don't want to use this method unless I absolutely HAVE to. 2. Veoh. It is like youtube, but the have larger files (up to an hour per clip, so you must download movies in multiple parts... very hard to find what you're looking for. It also can only be played as a Veoh file therefore you have to download the Veoh player) 3. Youtube. They only have clips for up to 10 minutes, so the miniseries I am wanting to watch is in 20clips.
Also TV... I was really bummed to discover that abc.com and nbc.com only work in the US. There is a message that appeared when I tried watching Pushing Daisies late last night that said since I wasn't in the US, I couldn't view the episode. UGH!! I guess that is a sign I am not supposed to watch much TV.

1 comment:

Shawnie T said...

Your openness to stealing copy-written content may be your demise...