Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday silence...

Ah an empty house... nothing quite as nice to wake up to. I have a nice day ahead of me... I have to go shopping this morning for a baby shower gift for a shower in an hour and a half... I'm going the registery route (takes time off of shopping). Then I think I will set up an appointment with apple to check out my laptop... I hope they don't have to send it away for long to fix (the frame of the laptop has gaps in it... which annoy me.
After that I will be shopping for other various gifts for people... and then home for some scrapping! I hope my 85 pictures I ordered come in the mail today.

My Uncle Gary and Aunt Kathy are here this weekend... super fun!(Picture: Gary with my mom last year) They hail from the great state of Wisconsin (they live in Appleton, not on the farm)... They are awesome people. Gary is our tour guide throughout the great dairy state when we go, taking us on the infamous Alma trip. He also loves yardsales and talking politics... my dad and his discussions on the governement are the stuff of legend. My Aunt Kathy is so sweet. When we arrive at her house she never fails to have our favorite "pop" available and will take us shopping etc. They have three kids - my cousins Erik, Sarah and Anna. They are great people to. I wish Sarah and I lived closer because I think we would hang out often and have such a blast together. I REALLY want her to come out and visit sometime - so Sarah if you are reading this, take a pointer from your parents and come to AZ to visit.

Well, today Mom, Dad, Gary and Kathy are headed up to the grand canyon to see it's splendor for the first time. I think that is my parents new favorite place... they hiked down the grand canyon a couple of years ago, so now it holds this special significance to their lives.
I was bummer I couldn't go, because I hadn't seen it in years, but I had no desire after the week I've had to get up at 4am this morning... plus I have other things to do. I should actually get to doing those things now, because time waits for no one and the clock is ticking away.

OH and Shawn (my big brother) got a new tattoo... check it out on his blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

post what you scrap

Aaron said...

the alma trip...only those who have made it can understand it. and only those who slept in a campground outside of la crosse on an unseasonably cold june night can understand that. life's little lessons...