Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My brother... the coolest


I am so proud of my little (younger) brother... actually Tyler is 6'4", so I should call him little. So Tyler calls me yesterday and tells me that he made 2nd chair Tenor in the State Vocal Jazz Ensamble. Tyler is a senior in choir and all the students in choir have to try out for one of the state choirs (regional, state, jazz, show choir, something). Tyler being the dutiful choir boy that he is, he tries out and thought he did horribly. Now I have heard Tyler sing and for any other people who have, you know Tyler is really really good... so when he says he did bad, you really don't give him much credit in that. Well, low and behold Tyler made it and got a REALLY good placement (Note: I never made anything)... so what does this mean? Tyler is awesome and way cooler than Shawn and I. It also means that he needs to audition for university music programs, because he can get scholarships. I am so proud of him!

2 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

yay for Tyler! too bad he never wears a shirt in his pictures ...

PS. I'm sure the female competition is much tougher than the tenor competition -- which is why Tyler got in and you didn't ...

NanAZ said...

We're so proud of Tyler!! Please encourage him to keep it up. It's hard to get good guys in those programs. I was disappointed when Kevin and Amy stopped singing, although I understand that other things can be more important. It has always been one of my joys to hear them sing and watch them perform. I still have hope that they may come back to it some day, even if it's only part time.