Saturday, October 14, 2006

An afternoon with the Breakfast club


The Breakfast Club movie is on TV, I have accomplished a lot today, I have an evening to myself to look forward to, and I am wearing a super comfy T-shirt I bought at a thrift store... life is good.

This morning I woke to a little drizzle of rain and to my delight I didn't have to get up right away, so I just relaxed in bed listening to the rain. I hope the winter shapes up to be a wet one, because the clouds and smell of wet desert sit very nicely with my soul.

News flash: I love ebay. It is really a wonderful place. You would not believe the type of stuff you can find on there. I knew random things were sold there, but it is actually astounding... ebay has everything!

I also had a delightful treat today... I had the opportunity to grab a cup of coffee with my best friend from Elementary school. I hadn't seen her since we were 12 and early this year I found her on myspace (the one thing that site has been good for) and we met at the extreme bean today - Extreme Bean has great coffee, but terrible scones). It was really awesome get to sit and talk with her... here about her life, meet here 3-year-old daughter Abigayle. We talked for about 2 hours... gosh what a life she has led... hard, but I admire how she has come through and able to raise a sweet little girl and be so grounded. We left promising to get together again... which I really hope happens.

2 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

Ebay is like ... a thrift store on acid ... which I know is a lame comparison, but really if you look hard enough you can find ANYTHING ...

Aaron said...

i'm digging the simile. i have a closeted love for the ebay...and for weather.com...[casts eyes down in half-remorseful shame]