Monday, January 08, 2007

I have had a huge break from teaching... I finished up my classes a couple days before all the rest of the teachers last quarter, and last week I ended up being scheduled to teach one class on tuesday morning, and then had nothing to do the rest of the week. So with the gap of time I began to doubt my abilities or my real love of what I do... "absence makes the heart grown doubtful" apparently. But after two classes thus far this week I remembered that I really like teaching. It is exciting to get to share all this information and have people get excited about it all over again. I was really pleased.

But alas I seem to be getting sick... I went to work with a slight headache and now I am feeling the pangs of exhausted/sick state. I have an easy day tomorrow so I hope I can get back on track.

Okay, so I have started my "To Do 2007" list. I make one every year... its just a list of stuff that I would like too do this year... nothing extravagant so that I set myself up for failure... mainly "buy a new car, move out, go to disneyland..." basic stuff.
But the one that is on my list that got me really excited was "taking a college class". I figure it is completely do-able. MCC offers classes during the evening for one night each week and i could easily ask to not be scheduled to teach one night each week. I am really excited. I remember how much I absolutely loved college and after not being in school for almost a year and a half, I am feeling the withdrawls. So I am going to take my last few classes this year before I transfer to ASU in the next couple of years.
I am totally excited to be sitting in a lecture class again, hearing the professor talk about history... that may make no sense to some of you, but it sounds divine to me.

2 comments:

kristen said...

The "go to disneyland" one should actually read "go to disneyland with my very rad cousin and her two awesome kids and her cool husband joe"

Nicole T said...

ok how do you get exhausted sick on your first day back from a break? How are you exhauseted already?