Sunday, July 08, 2007

Harry Potter theory...


I am watching a special on A&E about Harry Potter and a theory has struck me.

I am reading the 6th book in preparation for the 7th book coming in two weeks, and I have picked up a lot of ideas about things that are going to happen in the last book of the series... The big specualtion is that Harry is going to die at the end of the book. A big reasoning for this is because Harry is in fact a horcrux and must die in order to kill Voldemort... here is my theory - Harry is not the Horcrux... just his SCAR is. They talk about his scar being very special and only coming from being touched by dark magic... He can always sense when something is up with Voldemort through his scar... and the last word in the book (JK rowlings has said) is "scar". So I think Harry's scar will be gone but Harry will live in the end of Deathly Hollows. I don't think JK is going to kill Harry - it isn't her writing style... the nature of the way the book is written wouldn't kill off a main character. Now Amy, you may contradict me because I am no literary scholar, but I just don't see Harry dieing in the end (hence my scar theory).

Another "pro-Snape" theory is that Dumbledore put him in the Defense Against the Dark Arts teaching position knowing that the post can only be filled for a year at a time due to the curse Tom Riddle placed upon the teaching position. Dumbledore knew Snape would be leaving the school by the end of the year... I still think Dumbledore had Snape kill him for reasons of his own and that Snape is still good inside - he just has issues with Harry. I think Snape also was in love with Lily and that is why he hated James so much and why he switched sides from Death Eater to Order of the Phoenix after her death.

None of you guys really care - I know... Amy you may appreciate what I am saying. But I had to share my ideas.

3 comments:

NanAZ said...

I just think the character names are so funny. How can you say Dumbledore and Snape with a straight face? Some day I'll have to read them...

linda t said...

I agree with Nancy!
Some day... I will have a clue about what you are talking about!

Adam, Erin and Titus said...

those are AWESOME theories.. i haven't done much plot thinking because i haven't had the books to reread.. but what you say is making total sense. so cool.