Thursday, December 04, 2008

"No time to say hello, goodbye..."


I really wish I could join the blogging community trend and share with you my Christmas memories and favorite traditions, but I find myself completely consumed with finishing last papers and studying for my finals. I made a stupid assumption that my final 15 page paper for my religions class was due on Thursday 12/11, but instead it is due tuesday 12/9. Now some of you may be wondering why 2 days would make such a difference... but you must understand that I will be out of town this weekend and was planning on finishing my paper the wednesday before it was due. Now I have to finish it tonight if I want to keep my sanity next monday. So I'm going to try to maintain focus in classes all day today at ASU and then head to the library for the remainder of the night to work diligently in the quiet of the Spanish novels section (there is a nice table next to wall outlet there).

So where am I heading on my out of town excursion this weekend. Well, I'm glad you asked - DISNEYLAND of course! The Call (Open Door's College group) is heading there for the weekend to hang out and grow close as a group and enjoy the Christmas season as only Disney can do it! It will be so much fun! I am really excited to get to spend time with this group of people.

but at the end of next week I will be MUCH relieved of my scholastic obligations and then the following week I will be done with my job at ASMT. Then it's just a 2.5 weeks until I leave for the UK. I finally turned in my VISA application... please pray that everything goes through okay and that it can be completed in a timely manner. Also pray that I hear soon about my campus accommodations. It has been 2 weeks since I applied and I still have not heard anything. I am starting to get nervous, although I don't know if I should be or not. Just the uncertainty of not knowing where I'll be living or if I should be seeking alternative residence. It's all very stressful.

1 comment:

Amy T Schubert said...

let me know if you need help w/ your paper. ... can't wait to see disneyland pics!
so excited for you...
xo
love you.