Sunday, November 09, 2008

For sake of being completely candid...

I found a letter I wrote to my future self when I was a senior in High School. It is dated February 2, 2003. It made me laugh and I got a little misty... so I decided to share it because I do believe it is the very first time I mentioned in writing that I wanted to study abroad. It is a letter I wrote to myself in the High School group at church after we studied Psalm 63. It was mailed to me 2 years later from Jason Ellis (thanks Jason)

(I found this in a box of stuff I was organizing and cleaning out this afternoon)

Dear future Miranda

Hey remember that depressing rut you were in? Hopefully you finally realized that God's precious love is sweeter than any love that you could experience here. Also, don't pray for brokenness... pray for constant realization. So... you're older... do you got a man? hahaha probably not! If you're not in Scotland or Ireland or have not been there yet, buy your ticket NOW! If you don't get your butt there to study for study for a semester, I will disown you! Home is good here... hope you love your mom and tell her often (love you mom). How many of your friends are close to marriage if not already married? Cinderella went great? You stole the show? Do you have a major in college? Is it journalism? (what was I thinking?) Are you still going to Hollywood? Where are your priorities? Is God #1? If not, take a break and make him your #1 love. If he already is, then you're a better woman and I... I believe in you... I trust you'll be fine. P.S. Find Collin Farrell (hahahaha)

Past Miranda


So I hope you enjoyed that... I feel good about where I am... but I am still kind of a disappointment to myself. I mean, where is Collin Farrell?

5 comments:

linda t said...

Oh Miranda, that made me cry...
How prophetic... how profound...
How exciting! You are about to take off on the adventure-of-a-lifetime!! Don't miss the magnitude of this moment... you are about to enter into your future.

NanAZ said...

Congratulations girl! You are about to fulfill a dream that many of us just wish for and never pursue. I'd guess the percentage of Americans that want to travel to Europe is probably pretty high and how many of us actually get to do it? You're going to LIVE there! How awesome is that! It's still on my list and I AM going to get there too (Lord willing). I promise.

You are right where God wants you to be "future" Miranda. What an exciting place to find yourself...in the center of his will.

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

how flippin rad is that! yes you stole the show in Cinderella! LOL love you! good luck in London! how cool!

Anonymous said...

Miranda...that letter to yourself is amazing!!! You are one of my favorite thinkers! I love you friend, and consider it a huge blessing to get a glimpse into your soul. Thanks for sharing so vulnerably.
Stacey

Kristen said...

I am still waiting to see a video of the cinderella show.