Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Broadway shows...


So I don't know if you know me, but I have LOTS of little quirks... some rather embarrassing and some you will think I am a complete idiot for - for example... I make the bed before I climb in for bed, when I clean my house I put my remotes on my coffee table in descending order from longest to shortest completely square with each other and the edge of the table, I also talk out loud to myself in a british accent when I'm alone... I know.

But one little thing that I know about myself is if I really like a musical or play I see I will cry at the end... regardless of whether it is a sad ending or not I will cry. Hairspray - cried, Les Mis - cried, Suesical - cried, Rent - cried... I don't know if it is the fact that the final number in shows is usually overwhelming visually, auditory, emotionally, or maybe it is because I remember the feeling of being on stage during a final number or curtain call... but either way I will cry if I truly loved the show. There have been shows that were fine that I laughed and clapped and smiled through... but no tears came in the end and it was because I just didn't feel it or connect with it.

Why am I babbling on about my reaction to theatrical performances (babbling is another quirk I have)? Because Sunday night I bawled my bloody eyes out at Gammage Auditorium during the final two numbers of Jersey Boys. Flipping Fantastic!!! The story is about Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - their true story. The music score of the show was all their hits, so my mom and I went in knowing all the words anyway. We then left after the show blasting the soundtrack (which I owned before the show) from my car stereo, windows rolled down, through the parking lot of Gammage.

The show is now one of my favorites!! The energy, the lights, music, characters, just Phenomenal!!!! My mom and I loved it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Miranda,

I heard you were there, we were too. I agree the show was so fantastic that when I got home I couldn't get to sleep. All the music and energy just keep me up. I wasn't sure what to expect and I couldn't be happier. Wish I could have seen you there.
Luv, Laurie