Thursday, September 09, 2010

New music...

Oh my gosh, I am on such a new music kick right now!! I am not one to venture out and find new music, but I have had a couple people suggest some new stuff and I am so excited to listen to new tunes :)

So I thought I would share with you some of the new songs I am obsessed with!

#1. The Civil Wars - this first suggestion came from my mom. I am starting to have to admit to myself that my mom actually has good taste in music. Some of the the stuff she likes is not my style, but I am learning we align in music taste more often than a daughter would probably like to admit ;) Love you mom. 
I am obsessed with this song!!
Joy Williams (the female singer) also has some great songs - but only the stuff she has released after 2009. Her earlier stuff is not the best in my opinion.

#2. Sara Bareilles - Her sophomore album was released this last tuesday. I bought it and it is AWESOME! It seems like every song she writes applies to my life. Her first album "Little Voice" is one of my very favorite CDs and one that I can always listen to!

#3. The Band Perry - I only really like one of their songs so far... but I REALLY like it!

#4. Kings of Leon - I got their entire CD from my cousin over a month ago and I listen to the CD all the time. They have such a vintage rock sound to them. Really awesome. The stuff they play of the radio is ok, but this song is my favorite of theirs

#5. Katy Perry - I admit it... I am a fan! Her new song "Teenage Dream" is always stuck in my head.

Anyone have any other music suggestions?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Love this post because I am always in need of new music!! Not sure if you will like these or not but I love tal & acacia...especially Yahweh:) And with christmas/winter coming I love Meaghan smith's "It snowed"!! Also from her is "if you asked me" Pass on to me any other good music you come across!

Dobbo said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9BGjzH2O7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pxRXP3w-sQ&ob=av2e

http://recordinganalbum.blogspot.com/2009/12/tape-and-glue.html