Monday, February 11, 2013

Wedded Bliss Part 2...

After Disneyland one would assume that life would start getting back to normal... not for us, though! Not 2 weeks after our mini Honeymoon was Thanksgiving. Our first married holiday. When we picked the date for our wedding, we were so excited that we would be able to spend the holidays together, we did not fully think through the strategic planning that would go along with family holidays as newly weds. It seemed that everyone we spoke to after the wedding no longer asked about wedding details. Instead, they asked if we had figured out the holidays yet... as if everyone know it was going to be stressful.

Luckily Thanksgiving was a breeze!! We spent the morning with The Mertz's for breakfast, we had full thanksgiving dinner with my family and cousins, and then we went home! Aaron went shopping for black friday late at night and I went to bed because I had work in the morning. But overall an excellent day of family and good food!

Here is the Thompson family Thanksgiving!
Sadly we didn't get pictures with the Mertz's that day.

Our first order of business was to start getting our house in order. I wanted to try to get our Master Bedroom painted and arranged first because where you sleep is the most important room in the house... maybe that isn't true, but it was definitely an easier room to tackle than the living room or bathroom. All it needed was a new coat of paint and the furniture moved in!

Aaron's parents did all the painting for the room the day after Thanksgiving while I was at work... this also happened to be my birthday - awesome. I came home though to a beautifully painted room! After a couple days of letting the paint fumes air out, we moved the furniture in! We also set up my little Christmas Tree in the corner to have a little Christmas in our home!



Back to my birthday - it was blissfully low key. I am a big person with my birthday and want something special to celebrate it. It might be because it is so close to Thanksgiving and other things seem to overshadow it, but I am very protective of my birthday. However this year, I just wanted to go out to dinner with my husband and watch a movie. With a wedding and Disneyland Trip, I felt like I had been celebrated enough. Aaron took me to the Arrogant Butcher downtown and I had a steak... the most delicious steak EVER! Then we went home and watched a movie.
The next night, my family came over for dinner and Elisabeth joined us. That was a fun time of celebration! Good food too... I made Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana and my mom brought my traditional birthday cake - an ice cream cake with an oreo crust, cookies and creme ice cream middle and chocolate syrup on top. Good food and family and my new husband... what more could a girl ask for :)

No comments: