Thursday, July 19, 2012

Our Engagement!!

So I feel like I jumped the gun heading straight into talking about the venue without talking about the engagement!! So here is the scoop!

I was in the Bahamas over Aaron's birthday, so I had suggested we plan a full day of fun festivities to celebrate when I got back... it turned out due to my friend Kendra's wedding, we had to delay the day of celebration until June 23rd. We settled that we would head out of town and get away from the heat. Aaron decided we should rent a convertible for the day and we went up to Sedona! Our first stop was Sunset point outside of Phoenix, I had collected gifts for Aaron along the way and his first gift was a nerf gun :)


Then our next stop was a winery outside of Sedona called Page Spring Cellars. Such a cute spot! We did a wine tasting of Arizona wines and Aaron suggested we buy a bottle to drink later on a special occasion. We then sat out on the patio for a little bit overlooking the vineyard. It was absolutely gorgeous and such a fun spot. We then went inside and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Seriously suggest you all check this place out if you are looking for a little bit of class here in the desert!

After the wine tasting we started our drive through Oak Creek Canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff. It is one of the most beautiful drives in the country and one of my favorite places in the state. A little ways into the canyon, Aaron suggested we stop by the creek and stick our feet in for a bit. As we sat with our feet in the water, in the shade of the trees and canyon walls, we took out a scrapbook he had made for me. I could hardly breath! I flipped through the pages of pictures of he and I from the time I was 13 years old until the week before at my friend's wedding. It was beautiful! Aaron says I raced through each page hardly paying attention... I had a pretty good idea of what was coming, so I was in a hurry to get to that part. As I turned to the last page, there it was. The most beautiful ring I had ever seen tied to the last page. Of course I started crying and then he asked me - "I've waited a long time, and I hope you won't make me wait any longer... will you marry me?" YES!!! We then slipped the ring on my finger and it was official. I get to be this man's wife! I get to spend the rest of my life with the man of my dreams. The man I prayed I would marry when I was 16 years old. I cannot believe how blessed I am!

The fun wasn't over though because waiting for me two hours away back in Phoenix was a huge party of our friends and family back at his parents' house. I had prepared myself for the endless phone calls and driving across town to my parents' house to tell them in person (even though Aaron had already asked my dad to marry me). But to my surprise I walked into his parents house to near 25 people cheering and celebrating!! Best day ever!!!

Check out my mom's blog about the party. Click here!

No comments: